Warning Signs of Cancer
The most warning signs of cancer are:
- unusual nodules of tissue, swelling. Keep in mind cancerous tumors are often painless, especially in the early stages of the disease. Particular attention should be paid to the neck, testicles in men and mammary glands in women.
- long-lasting cough, shortness of breath, or difficulty swallowing.
- Changes in the usual functioning of the intestines. Sudden onset of constipation or, on the contrary, frequent bouts of diarrhea – especially if there are traces of blood in the stool.
- unexpected bleeding – including small amounts of blood from the vagina, rectum, blood in the urine or sputum when coughing.
- unexplained weight loss. If you unexpectedly lost noticeably weight in a relatively short period of time (about a couple of months), this is a reason for concern and visit a doctor. In addition to cancer, sudden weight loss can signal a severe thyroid disorder or diabetes.
- chronic fatigue and a catastrophic lack of energy for habitual things – despite a normal healthy sleep. Usually, if the cause of chronic fatigue is the onset of cancer, then the patient will show other symptoms.
- inexplicable pains of any nature and frequency: both acute attacks and aching; both chronic and appearing only occasionally.
- the appearance of new moles or the changes in existing ones: size, shape or color; hardening of the surface of the birthmark or any secretion.
- problems with urination, including more frequent or more acute urges, as well as difficulty or pain in the process.
- unusual breast changes. A cause for concern may be an unexpected change in the size or shape of the mammary glands, as well as changes in sensations when touched, including chest skin, or pain.
- loss of appetite. If you feel dull of hunger for a long time and you eat less than usual, this is also an alarm, even if you have no other symptoms.
- an unhealed sore or other wounds – especially in the mouth.
- chronic heartburn or other regular digestive upsets – nausea, vomiting, bloating and others.
- excessive sweating at night.